Ontario Ministry of Education Consultation
The ministry is inviting parents, students, educators, and interested individuals or organizations to provide feedback on the education system in Ontario.
Consultation closing date: December 15, 2018
- Improving student performance in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Preparing students with needed job skills, such as skilled trades and coding
- Improving provincial standardized testing
- Ensuring students graduate with important life skills, including financial literacy
- Managing the use of technology in classrooms, such as cell phones
- Building a new age-appropriate Health and Physical Education curriculum that includes subjects like mental health, sexual health education and the legalization of cannabis
- Developing the first-ever Parents’ Bill of Rights
The school council encourages all parents to take part in this important survey and have their voices heard by going to the following website:
Please remember that the school council there own page on our blog. The minutes/agenda for council meetings is posted on the page.